This program involves the following:
1. Facilitation of Partnerships Between Investors and Ranches
2. Promotion of alternative income generating activities
3. Promotion of Community-Based Tourism in Taita district. In 2007, we developed a tourism plan for Tsavo and Amboseli ecosystems together with the African Wildlife Foundation. Completed in 2007. Its activities include:
(a) Tsavo Amboseli Tourism Area Plan.
(b) Partnership with Mlilo Community Tours and Safaris Co. Ltd ( www.mliloecotravels.com ) to handle marketing and booking of clients etc.
4. Promotion of aloe vera and bio-fuel farming.
5. Butterfly farming, bee-keeping, silkworm rearing, curio promotion etc.
6. Fish farming